The Mumblings of an Observer

Jurgen Schrempp is currently the boss of DaimlerChrysler Corporation. He is a ruthless, chain smoking industrialist. As a known philanderer, he probably fathered an illegitimate son while heading up Mercedes-Benz' glorious sanctions busting South African operation in the early 1980's.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Mr Schrempp is working for The Woman

Having a female boss in the real world has been a new experience. The last female boss I had was an absolute train wreck of a human being, back in The Corporation.

My current boss has so far been a great human being. My housemate thinks she's a bitch, having met her for about thirty seconds, but I am scarcely losing sleep over this.

We get along well personally because we find things in each other that we like about ourselves. I like that she is socially honest. She did not know my housemate and had not yet learned to feel comfortable with her when I introduced them yesterday. She made absolutely no attempt to hide this.

Other people I know will pretend to be interested in what another person is saying in order to make conversation. Both me and my boss lack this capability.

She likes that I listen and think about what I'm saying before I say it.

We share things with each other, we raise issues with each other that a pair of extroverts could never match. I have seen pairs of extroverts move their mouths and make noise without communicating anything of significance.

I've seen pairs of people who did not know how to shut the fuck up, but still couldn't talk to each other.

Our comfort thresholds operate in a similar way. The first week I was working there I could barely encourage a smile from her face. In all the weeks afterwards, she has been showing me pictures of everything that happens in her life.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:15 pm, Blogger Telefone VoIP said…

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home